Ingredients & Safety
• We strive to use high-quality, traceable, natural ingredients (controlled-origin label, organic agriculture, sourced from local farming communities and sustainable development programs).
• We prefer to use plant oils rather than mineral oils.
• We have never used animal products (except for beehive products).
• To ensure that our products offer optimum safety and effectiveness, we may use synthetic molecules when no reliable and effective natural alternative exists, while always erring on the side of caution.
• We also offer 100% natural or certified-organic products on a case-by-case basis, when their safety and effectiveness can be perfectly guaranteed. (For example: sensitive skin cannot tolerate large amounts of essential oils and floral waters in face care products, and when a high level of alcohol is used as a preservative, this may irritate the skin).
• We have kept in step with the development of the organic cosmetics specifications of Ecocert, an independent certification body, and belong to the Cosmebio Association.
• Should questions arise regarding any of our ingredients in relation to health (parabens, chemical sunscreens, phthalates) or the environment (silicones, SLES), we revise our formulas, even if we are under no legal obligation to do so.
• Today, 78% of our products are paraben-free. Our face care products (with the exception of sun care products) contain a maximum of 5% silicones. We also do not use phthalates in of our fragrances.
Formulation & Production
• We develop our product formulas according to the principles of phytotherapy and aromatherapy.
• We use active ingredients at an ideal concentration for optimal effectiveness.
• The results of our research are patented.
• We test the effectiveness and tolerance of our products under dermatological supervision.
• Our products, or the ingredients they contain, have never been tested on animals, and we make sure our suppliers follow the same rules.
• Our production factory sorts and recycles its waste and limits its energy consumption.
Packaging & Communication
• We use paper, cardboard and wood from sustainably managed forests.
• We limit the use of packing material and strive to use recycled or recyclable materials.
• On our packaging, the Internet, and in our stores, we take care to give our consumers precise information. We place great importance on giving clear and transparent information with regard to the content and origin of our products.